What is CRM Data Migration?
Whether you’re switching from one CRM system to another, or embracing CRM for the first time, there is one process you will go through: CRM Migration.
It refers to moving or transferring your data from your current CRM software to another platform. Sounds easy right? Well, it certainly can be with the right support.
Moving your CRM is more than just shifting data to a new platform. It’s a bit tricky and needs careful prep and analysis to make sure your data stays safe. You’ll also want to do some research to find the best one that fits your company’s needs.
Why make the switch from one CRM to another?
Ever wondered why businesses switch to a new CRM? Well, it’s a mixed bag! Some platforms struggle with integration, causing headaches for sales and marketing teams.
You might suddenly feel boxed in by limited features. 22% of businesses switch due to their platform being just too complicated. And, in the worst-case scenario – and it pains us to say it – data loss happens. (Yes, this needs ALL the facepalm emojis for the dramatic effect! 🤦♂️🤦♀️).
Sound familiar? Looks like your CRM needs a glow-up because you’re outgrowing it! The fix? You’re in the right place, let’s talk migration.
The benefits of migrating to a new CRM platform
If you’ve reached this point, we are guessing you are ready for a change, and trust us, change can be amazing!
When done right, there are loads of benefits for you and your business, it’s not only about saving costs but it streamlines operations, adds flexibility, and enhances security. This results in happier clients, improved business retention, and a tidier data setup.
Here are the benefits in a little more detail:
- Cost Saving: Bye-bye extra expenses! Migrating might just eliminate the pricey in-house gear or complicated support costs.
- Streamline Operations: Customer management can be tough – handling contacts, diagnosing issues, and creating positive experiences can overwhelm your support team. That’s where CRM software steps in, lightening the load. It integrates processes and supports key initiatives across departments. Which fits in nicely with my next point.
- Unlocking Flexibility: By saving money and streamlining operations, you open the door to enhanced flexibility. Imagine having the luxury of TIME – the ability to seamlessly adapt to changes, scale up effortlessly, customise everything to align with your unique business needs, and, most importantly, focus more time on what truly matters. This not only boosts productivity but also enhances your overall return on investment (ROI).
- Enhancing security: During the transition, you’re not just moving data – you’re enhancing its security. In a data-driven world, success is in the details and we have written about this before – how clean data is safe data. Moving to a platform with more advanced features, you get more security features keeping your data safe and sound, allowing you to sleep at night.
How to avoid the challenges and risks
Customers often find the idea of switching CRM systems daunting, and we get it. The risks and challenges can be overwhelming. Moving CRM data is a tricky task that needs careful handling. One wrong move in this complex process can make things even harder.
- Data Corruption: Moving to a new system risks corruption if unnecessary data types are included. Not auditing your data beforehand may cause problems like system crashes or messy quality.
- Integration Problems: When planning your strategy, ensure you focus on your business goals from the start, including compatibility with your existing tools. Neglecting this may result in losing access to crucial insights.
- Insufficient Staff Training: Providing training for your staff is so important. The transition to a new system can be scary, and their unfamiliarity may lead to errors, performance issues, and disruptions. This leads to my next point about time.
- Extended Downtime: If migration takes longer than expected, your business could face significant losses. To avoid this, consider getting expert support. This lets you focus on important tasks knowing your migration is in safe hands.
How to get your CRM migration right
Remember, it’s not just about moving data around; it’s a strategic move to boost your business processes. Embrace these points, and tailor them to your unique needs, you can see in more depth how to get your crm migration right over on our blog.
- Think about your company’s roadmap
- Involve all departments
- Speak to a CRM specialist
Where to start and how we can help you
In the wise words of Mrs. Doubtfire, “Never fear, help is on the way, dear!”
First things first, dive into a careful look at your needs, and pick a platform that vibes with your goals, we hold certifications in major CRM and ESP systems like Salesforce, HubSpot, Iterable, and Customer.io to name a few and we can help you with recommendations.
Handling CRM migrations from start to finish is our bread and butter. Our success stories feature collaborations with renowned names such as GoHenry, QuidCo, and the non-profit organisation Baltic Contemporary Art.
No migration is too big or too small. For example our collaboration with Baltic included CRM implementation, data migration, tech-stack integration, training, and ESP migration, utilising systems such as Salesforce NPSP, Zapier, and Customer.io.
While risks are part of everything nowadays, some risks are worth taking. We’ll be right there with you, insourced in your team like a dedicated employee. It’s what we do!