Skip links

Data Security and CRM: The Power of Data Cleansing

Before we begin, there’s something we need to make very clear… EXCEL IS NOT A DATABASE

In a data driven world, success is in the details, and we’ve found the unsung hero: clean data. Forget about mere spreadsheet tidying; we’re talking about a data revolution that’s ready to shake up your business game. Let’s take a plunge into the world of data cleansing – the unsung hero of CRM and customer operations.

It involves tidying up your dataset, getting rid of any mistakes, filling in missing information, getting rid of duplicates and generally making sure everything is accurate. Clean data isn’t just a nice-to-have; it’s your business’s secret weapon, simplifying processes and laying the groundwork for endless success.

Ever heard of the 80/20 rule? Also known as the Pareto principle? When it comes to working with data, about 80% should be spent on finding, cleaning and organising it, whereas the remaining 20% is where the real fun happens, analysing it and gaining insights. 

I know, it may seem like a big task, but trust us, it’s the key to a successful engagement and retention strategy later on.

Don’t miss out on sales opportunities

Don’t let messy data ruin your sales game. If your information is unreliable or outdated, it can slow things down and make tasks a hassle. Your sales team might struggle to find new opportunities or get stuck dealing with old ones due to outdated information. Think of it like a detective story without the right clues – not cool, right? So, keep your data in good shape and make sales happen faster. Simple.

Personalisation is a leading trend

Personalisation is SO IMPORTANT in today’s context, especially with the impact of COVID-19 taking even more purchasing decisions online than ever before. Increased reliance on digital behaviours are setting higher expectations.

Your customers are at the heart of your business, and clean data ensures you know them inside out. No, not in a stalker sort of way, but certainly friendly. From personalised interactions to targeted marketing, understanding your audience is the secret sauce to keeping them engaged and nurture loyalty. It will keep them coming back for more!

Clean data is safe data, let’s talk GDPR

Data privacy is a hot topic, and compliance is non-negotiable. Clean data is your best defence against legal troubles and reputational risks. Ensuring that your data is compliant keeps your business safe in an era of increasing regulations.

Plus, it makes sure you’re following privacy laws like GDPR by keeping customer consent and preferences accurate and up-to-date.

How can I ensure I’m handling my data correctly?

When you have a leading CRM agency by your side (cough cough), you don’t have to be an expert yourself. Having us on board serves as your guarantee against potential data mishandling, as we are well-versed in meeting all legal requirements.

Ready for CRM support?

Our friendly CRM and MarTech experts are always on-hand to support in any way we can. You can reach us by phone, email or via our contact form.

Call us on

0203 319 5273

Email us at

This website uses cookies to improve your web experience.

WeDoCRM is a specialist CRM agency. We work with companies and brands of all sizes, supporting them with a wide range of CRM and Marketing services.

Tel: 0203 319 5273